Balancing family life is no easy task. Whether you’re looking for fun outings, educational activities, or some “parents-only” time, Lake Street has destinations for the whole family.
1. Wheel Fun Rentals | 3000 E Calhoun Pkwy
Let the kids kayak around the lakes while you sip a beer. Let’s hope those swim lessons paid off!
2. Little Luxuries Nail Lounge | 1426 W Lake St
Spend the day blinging out those nails with trendy designs at this luxurious Uptown salon.
3. Calhoun Square | 3001 Hennepin Ave S
Don’t worry, letting the kids ride the escalator while you shop is considered a form of babysitting.
4. Highpoint Center for Printmaking | 912 W Lake St
Workshops and Free Ink Days fit busy schedules and provide high-quality art experiences.
6. Venus Unveiled | 711 W Lake St
From sexy stilettos to sinful fishnets, there’s lots of love going around. Maybe just leave the kids at home.
7. Up-Down Arcade Bar | 3012 Lyndale Ave S
Remember what your youth used to be like! Play classic arcade games, pinball, and skee-ball at this 21+ bar.
8. Urban Ventures | 2924 4th Ave S
From soccer to urban farming and music classes, enjoy hundreds of youth programs year round.
9. Taqueria La Hacienda | 334 E Lake St
Kids can’t sleep? Take them for a quick late-night snack at this 24 hours eatery.
10. El Amor Fashion | 511 E Lake St
Find a dress with ruffles galore for a special somebody’s upcoming quinceañera.
11. Midtown Global Market | 920 E Lake St
Get friendly with a camel burger and beer while the kids explore this internationally-themed marketplace.
12. Circle of Discipline | 1201 E Lake St
Enjoy activities for youth and young adults that address physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs.
13. La Alborada Market | 1855 E Lake St
La Alborada’s outdoor snack stand serves sweet and savory treats the kids will love.
14. YWCA Midtown | 2121 E Lake St
It’s obvious why how YWCA keeps both parents and kids happy - the indoor pool with twisty slide.
15. Peace Coffee Shop | 3262 Minnehaha Ave
Only got 2 hours of sleep? Get a strong cup of joe before being dragged to the park yet again.
16. Lawless Distillery | 2619 28th Ave S
This one is adults only! Leave the kids home and treat yourself to some creative cocktails.
17. Peppers & Fries | 3900 E Lake St
You *could* take the kids to a Twins game, but why not just eat burritos and burgers and watch on TV instead?
18. Corazon | 4646 E Lake St
There’s a little something for everyone in the family at this hip and eclectic Longfellow retail shop.