Are fish tacos delicious? Yes! Do you want to eat fish tacos for every meal? Maybe! Luckily, Lake Street has 13 locations that offer everything from deep-fried Ensenada-style fish tacos to the much healthier grilled variety. It might be too many to eat in one outing, but no one would blame you for trying!
1. Chino Latino | 2916 Hennepin Ave S
This lively Uptown restaurant serves grilled mahi-mahi on a bed of avocado crema, slaw, and cilantro.
2. Stella’s Fish Café & Prestige Oyster Bar | 1400 W Lake St
Try their three different fish tacos on grilled flour tortillas with slaw, veggies, guacamole, and queso fresco.
3. Lago Tacos | 2901 Lyndale Ave S
The large selection of seafood tacos at Lago Tacos taste great with a margarita on their sunny Lyn-Lake patio!
4. Muddy Waters Bar & Eatery | 2933 Lyndale Ave S
These fish are fried in tempura batter and topped with cabbage, salsa verde, mint crema, and cilantro.
5. Taqueria Victor Hugo #1 | 405-B E Lake Street
This charming Lake Street eatery serves up flavor-filled grilled fish on stone ground tortillas with a generous helping of onions and cilantro.
6. El Mexican Restaurant | 417 E Lake St
Located inside Plaza Mexico, stop by for their extra sized Taco Chicano with fish, lettuce, pico de gallo, sour cream, mozzarella cheese, and avocado.
7. El Nuevo Miramar | 501 E Lake St
Go to El Nuevo Miramar for the fish tacos, stay for the live music and micheladas!
8. Salsa a la Salsa | 920 E Lake St
In the Midtown Global Market, these fish tacos are grilled and topped with avocado and tangy cole slaw.
9. Restaurante El Huachi | 1515 E Lake St
Stop by this stand in Mercado Central to get El Huachi’s delectable grilled fish tacos with a few bottles of Jarritos.
10. El Nuevo Rodeo | 2709 E Lake St
These tacos de pescado are beer-battered and topped with lettuce and pico de gallo. Check out their generous happy hour!
11. Sonora Grill | 3300 E Lake St
The green tempura fish tacos with chimichurri aioli are delicious but it’s the red tempura shrimp tacos that will amaze you.
12. El Norteño | 4000 E Lake St
Stop by this long-standing Longfellow restaurant in summer to enjoy fish tacos and a Corona on their quaint patio.
13. Longfellow Grill | 2990 W River Pkwy
Flaky blackened tilapia is covered in guacamole, black bean & corn salsa, slaw, and chili lime sour cream.