Lake Street is literally named for its relationship with nature. With the lakes on the west, the river on the east, and all of these eco-friendly restaurants and shops in between, Lake Street has a serious green side. Explore it on bike via the Midtown Greenway for extra points!
1. Lake Bde Maka Ska | 3000 E Calhoun Pkwy
A popular destination for walking, biking, fishing, and a variety of water recreation activities.
2. Minneapolis Sailing Center | 3010 East Calhoun Pkwy
Learn to sail through community sailing classes, camps and boat sharing on Bde Maka Ska!
3. Brim | 2919 Knox Ave S
Brim’s menu has some simple rules: mostly plants, always organic, made from scratch.
4. Peoples Organic | 3001 Hennepin Ave S
This Calhoun Square cafe serves organic coffee, sustainable wines, local beer, and a robust menu.
5. Fig + Farro | 3001 Hennepin Ave S
Enjoy plant-based dishes reducing your carbon foodprint with these climate activists.
6. Corner Store Vintage | 900 W Lake St
Shop for stylish vintage and retro clothing, jewelry, posters, and other collective gear.
7. Trio Plant-based | 610 W Lake St
Built on a foundation of love and racial justice their comfort food is all plant-based!
8. Midtown Greenway
Parallel to Lake Street, this 5.5-mile trail is a paradise for biking, running, and walking.
9. Powderhorn Park | 3400 15th Ave S
Just south of Lake Street, this park includes a small lake, hills, playgrounds, picnic tables, and more!
10. St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Store | 2939 12th Ave S
Find a great mix of gently-used clothing, accessories, housewares, art, books, games, toys, and furniture.
11. Habitat For Humanity Re-Store | 2700 Minnehaha Ave
A home improvement store selling supplies, appliances, and furniture at a fraction of the retail price.
12. The Hub Bike Co-op | 3016 Minnehaha Ave
From vintage and classic, get the bikes, gear, and repairs you need for any ride.
13. Gandhi Mahal | 3009 27th Ave S
Aquaponics and urban farming help make this restaurant’s weekday lunch buffet more sustainable.
14. Urban Forage Winery | 3016 E Lake St
Small batched cider and wine sourced from local fruit, flowers, and honey made without preservatives.
15. Repair Lair | 3304 E Lake St
Get a patch for your favorite jeans or replace a broken tent zipper, Repair Lair can fix almost anything!
16. Northern Sun Merchandising | 2916 E Lake S
This business powered by solar energy sells t-shirts, button, and stickers with progressive messages.
17. Himalayan Restaurant | 2910 E Lake St
Authentic Nepalese cuisine made from local organic ingredients and fresh spices.
18. Two Bettys Cleaning | 3258 Minnehaha Ave
Eco-friendly green cleaning services for residential and small commercial clients in the Twin Cities.
19. Mississippi River
It’s a big beautiful river! Get a glimpse while crossing the Lake Street Bridge or biking along the West River Parkway Trail.